Multicast PIM dense mode
Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) is a multicast routing protocol that operates in several modes. In dense mode, multicast traffic is forwarded on all router interfaces until a downstream router sends a request to stop forwarding.
In other words, multicast traffic is flooded by the multicast routers everywhere until it is pruned.
Links to this page:
- BGP - multicast routing
- Multicast - Any Source Multicast (ASM)
- Multicast - PIM dense vs sparse mode
- Multicast - troubleshooting multicast routing
- Multicast PIM Assert and dense mode
- Multicast PIM Designated Router sparse mode
- Multicast PIM neighbors are stateless
- Multicast PIM sparse mode
- Multicast PIM sparse-dense mode
- Multicast SPT and RPT
- Multicast ip pim autorp listener
- Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM)