Security - Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
The Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client is a modular endpoint software product. It not only provides VPN access through SSL and IPSec IKEv2 but also offers enhanced security through various built-in modules.
Here are some key features and capabilities of the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client:
- VPN: The core VPN module allows for secure remote access to your organization's network, shielding your connection from potential eavesdroppers and allowing you to work as though you were connected directly to the local network.
- Network Visibility Module (NVM): This provides your IT team with user and device details, helping to improve network troubleshooting and enabling better monitoring and access control.
- Identity Services Engine (ISE) Posture: This module allows for checking and enforcing compliance with network security policies before allowing access to the network.
- Web Security: This feature works in conjunction with the Cisco Web Security Appliance to provide real-time protection against threats, enforce company security policies, and control web usage.
- AMP Enabler: This allows the AnyConnect client to download Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) for Endpoints, which provides advanced threat detection and protection.
- Roaming Protection: Even when users are off the VPN, AnyConnect can protect the network by defining what traffic is allowed or not when the user is not on the VPN.
- Cross-platform compatibility: The AnyConnect client is compatible with a range of operating systems, including Windows, macOS, Linux, and mobile platforms such as iOS and Android.
AnyConnect is designed for businesses and organizations rather than individual users, and it requires a license to use.
AnyConnect has replaced the legacy Cisco VPN Client. AnyConnect in turn has been further developed, and has been renamed Cisco Secure Client.